Monday 2 May 2011

TCR # 55A It's a Dog's Life and 55 B 8 Going on 14 - APRIL 2011 - PRIMA IS SPONSOR


We are in the family room with colours like Teal Gree; Burgandy; Mustard; Chocolate.

I didn't like this palette when I initially saw it, but when I remembered the photo of Buster, my friend K's dog, things started cooking anyway. Have to admit the mustard was a no-winner with me, Finnish mustard however has a more ochraish tone than Coleman's so I just pretend it is mustard too. I see that the main photo has an offish mustard tone, the close-up shows the correct hue.


Buster is sitting on the front porch, contemplating whatever dogs contemplate. Its late autumn 2010 as you can see from the leaves in the yard.

Die-cut is MME Stella & Rose, I cut it in several "rings" just like Leeann Pearce did and also cut-out a window where I then placed the triple mounted photo on sticky pads to add dimension. DA swirl is misted in Shimmerz Mudslide + chalked in Mudslide + Stickled in Cinnamon.

Big flower, leaves and red glass vine are Prima, mustard felt centre in big daisy from Precocious Paper's Etsy shop and teal doily is a kind gift from Leeann Pearce (thanks!).

Stickers are Crate's Portrait and tiled letters are Girl's Paperie. With the cut-out leftovers, I made a second LO instead of a card. Called it 55B.


I made this second layout with some of the left-overs from my 55A A Dog's Life. This is Miss T whom you have seen before picking spring flowers with her little sister, and giggling at the tivoli with her bestest friend. This photo was taken last autumn when missy was 8 years old but getting sassy as only 14-year-old girls can be according to her mother (remember?).


Chocolate brown cardstock, striped pp is Crate, teal is BG Luscious, checkered is Graphic 45 Spring Fairy and the floral is MME Stella & Rose. The strips to the right are BG Luscious and lace is from MME. Tiled letters Girl's Paperie and October Afternoon, lovely doilies are courtesy of Leeann P, felt fern and blooms Prima.

Frosted berries and acrylic star from local store, brown fabric bloom is from Precocious Paper's Etsy shop. Buttons and sticker are Crate. MIL's old sewing machine is still working dandy.




Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my page, any comments you may want to leave are truly appreciated! xx

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Pages!!!!! love Buster!!! many great details in both pages!! love how you played with the stripes paper and the zig-zag stitches.
    Take Care Dear!!!! Hugs and Love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete