Tuesday 30 August 2011

TCR #73 Cover Girl and Taking a Dog Nap for Les Papiers de Pandore



Hello dear friends near and far!

I am sorry for being late uploading my page for the TCR palette #73, things sort of unexpectedly got in the way the passed weekend ... again. As you can see, there are two shades of orange in the palette - chaaallenging says Mrs Sandberg! I think the inspirational photo is kind of cool though, reminds me of the 1960's/70's and as somebody on the DT said; it looks like something Austin Powers would dig!


The lady in the photo is my ex-MIL. Boy was I happy to find the Crate Lemon Grass papers at the bottom of my stash. Groovy baby! as Austin puts it :))

#73 Cover Girl 4000px-main

I think Crate makes the most fabulous papers ever, but as they don't exactly lend themselves to my beloved fussy cutting, my page is very clean.

#73_Cover Girl 4000px-2

My ex-FIL was Marketing & Sales Director at a well-known Swedish company in the food sector and he used his wife in some of their campaigns. Don't you just love the feel to the photo!

#73_Cover Girl 4000px-3

It is also time to share a page that I made for Les Papiers de Pandore. I've called it "Taking a Dog Nap".

Taking a Dog Nap 4000px-main

So here's one of my friend K's dogs, this is Doris. The other one, is called Buster. He's a terrier. My friend lives on the Swedish countryside with lots of woods and wildlife just around the corner, so she takes long walks with Doris and Buster. Anyone can get a bit tired after having been out in the fresh air and exercized a little bit too much .... ha ha that never happens to me though as I am very lazy! but poor Doris got so tired she had to take a little nap in the sofa. Doesn't she just look cool with her funny little face, resting so adorably on her blanket, which by coincidence has the colours of the new papers.

Taking a Dog Nap 4000px-2

And what do you spy - fussy cutting! the blooms are cut out from the K & Co Tim Coffey Cottage Garden collection. The chippie  leaves from Imaginarium Design peeking out under the Prima leaf were chalked in Burnt Sienna + Dark Moss + Olive + Amber Clay + Berryliscious and Gold.

Taking a Dog Nap 4000px-3

The alphas are from French online store Emélliscrap and are in cork, which gives a very nice and rough country feel to them IRL. They also go so well with the leather sofa in the photo. The velvet ruffled ribbon that runs across the page is from Prima, I have misted it in Tattered Angels Sand and Suede + chalked randomly in Chestnut Roan.
Taking a Dog Nap 4000px-4

I also stamped with ink in yellow ochra on the centre piece of brown paper to add interest but somehow it comes across like .. well, almost white?!

Taking a Dog Nap 4000px-5

Some stacked scalloped circles and a big pearl plonked down in the middle.

Taking a Dog Nap 4000px-6


Taking a Dog Nap 4000px-7

And there you have them both!

I am so so looking forward to this upcoming Saturday which is a milestone in my scrappy life. Ingvild Bolme is coming to Sweden for a workshop and I'm going there! After having exchanged a great many emails over the passed year, I will meet my sweet scrappy friend Bente Fagerberg IRL! I have also caught in the Swedish scrappy chat rooms that it will be a crowd of well-known Swedish names meeting up for the workshop, and I'm thrilled to bits to meet them all.

Yes, the camera has fresh batteries and a new memory chip! we sure are going to click away to commemorate this occasion!

Have a fantastic rest of the week folks! thanks for having a peek and any lovely comment you leave!

xoxoxox Eila

12 comments:

  1. You are al set to go i read..lol...have fun this weekend!
    Your pages are beautiful work sweet details and a snooring doggy to...cool!!!
    byebye<lean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herlige layouter!! Synes fargene i paletten var litt "vrien" denne gangen men du har virkelig fått til en herlig LO og nydelige bilder du har brukt!
    Morsomt tittel på den andre da og likte utrolig godt alfabetet du har brukt i tittelen! Spennende oppsett og herlig med de store blomstene.
    Koooooose deg masse i helgen sammen med andre "scrappegale" svensker - samt en herlig norsk dame! Jeg skal på kurs med henne nå i slutten av september, på vårt årlige CASAkreativ-treff. Gleder meg utrolig mye (som jeg ser du også gjør 'lol' )
    Forresten, tagsene mine er ikke farget i kaffe, men mitt nye favorittmedium - Distress Stain ♥
    Ha en flott uke og som sagt....en herlig og kreativ helg!
    klemmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing your posts, your work is such an inspiration! You make me want to find the time to participate in the color room challenges again! I love the flowers in your layouts especially. tfs :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read your post about meeting Ingvild and Bente....Click away and have a GREAT time catching up in person!
    Hugs from India

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful creations and I am so jealous...would love to do a class with Ingvild(she is my scrappy idol). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm literally jumping up and down whiling clapping!! i LOVE these layouts! the colors are completely fabulous and i just love all the little goodies - b.e.s.t. layouts E.V.E.R!! seriously! those cork fonts are now in my shopping cart! (i'm singing songs now - and every work is fabulous!) the buttons on the first layout and that swirly frame thingy you used as a journal pad is so cute! in the 2nd one those pearly polka dots!! well i'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layouts, LOL, very Austin Powers colours on the first one, love the dog in the second layout and the stamping is perfect. sounds like you are going to scrap and party at the weekend, hope you have a fabulous time with Bente and co. so look forward to hearing and seeing your pics and stories, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll try to translete in english my french filling of your scrap ... It's really gorgeous !!
    Have a nice moment with Ingvilg Bolme and your friend Bente !

    Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your layouts are beautiful. I love the photos of your ex MIL..they're awesome. Love the lovely selection of papers that you've used, the buttons and your stitching. So love the beautiful layers and dimension on your second layout...those leaves are superb, love the stacked scalloped circles and the fussy cut flowers. Awesome that you've had the opportunity to meet Bente..how wonderful and exciting!
    Have an awesome weekend.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both beautiful pages, Eila! Love the whimsy of the first page that's so perfect with the joyful pictures. The Crate Paper was perfect to go with a 70's vibe. And how cute is that pooch! Love your layered flowers and the cool design of that page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! The mix on each one is just perfect and the pics are fab! You put both of these together so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to have missed so many posts - since Shane went away time has just flown by & with him taking the laptop it has just not been an easy feat for me to keep up with my commenting...Love the groovy layout of your MIL and the second page is just stunning - love the way you layered up the circles & pearls - a stunning touch I must remember to try!!

    ReplyDelete