Monday 19 August 2013

Second take on the SATW August challenge - "Last Rays"


Hello Monday - hello you!

Today I am sharing my second take on SATW's August challenge which you can find HERE

This time I have not used the sketch, although I was inspired the circular elements from it in my background work.

 

I have used soft colours from my moodboard - pinkish peachy, white and teal. I drew inspiration from the white sugar dusting of the cakes and the glitter from the bling.

The khaki and yellow floral papers are from Kaiser Craft's collection "Sweet Pea". The background was created on an older pinkish creamish very subtly patterned paper from Pink Paislee. Stash raiding you know :)

The photo is not my own, I found it on internet and was captivated by how the rays of sunlight were so beautifully photographed. That's what inspired the title of my page.


Such a shame that the glitter effect doesn't photograph at all. All the flowers and the lace have a delish sheer shimmer of very fine silver glitter.



I started by masking the big floral doily pattern from KaiserCraft with matte gel medium and then followed up with a misting bonanaza in Gold, Patina, Banana Pudding chalk, Sunflower, Mr Huey's Opaque White and another subtle pattern masked in gesso.






Et voilà there it - The Last Rays!

***
Not long until 
PaperHaus Magazine's Fall Splendor
online issue is released on 
1 September! 

I have projects in there ...



On that same day we will also start 
the PaperHaus Fall Splendor daily blog hop 
that will last 15 glorious days!

I promise you yummo daily prizes to be won
the main one being something
every scrapper is dying to have ...

Several of the DT members have signed up
for stops on two different days 
sharing a new project each time.
I am one of them. 

****
And with this I say thanks and cheerio till Thursday!

Ta ta! xoxox Eila

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh an early start for you today! What a beautiful layout to get the week cranking!! This page is glorious and that misting bonanza is out of this world divine!! Wishing you a super week and thank you for all your SATW advertising!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious background work, so richly textured and misted....the perfect foil for the stunning photo with the light rays. The tinted resin pieces and the nest add to the drama of the piece and I just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally gorgeous layout Eila, love your mood board this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove this lay-out so much! I always wonder how long it takes you to create one lay-out, as your work is always so wonderfully detailed. The longer I look at it, the more lovely details I notice :) This is another amazingly gorgeous and detaled page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Eila this is such a beautiful layout and I really love your photos... I just love your work. You are such an inspiration to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, Eila...this one is amazing, and stunning.....and brilliant - it's everything, and even more! My new fav of yours....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful page, the background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Eila! Gorgeous page! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this layout is pure beauty my friend. so enchanting and the texture and techniques are just fantastic!!!
    truly extremely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing colors and textures! Love your misting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always admired your amazing colour combinations .. this just has the most beautiful hues within it .. the texture and the way the colour seeps ... love it Eila.

    ReplyDelete