Saturday 18 January 2014

Scrap Around The World January mid-month reveal - close-ups of my page "Waiting"


Hello there!

Phew! WHAT a week it has been in the office! boy did I wait for this weekend to come!

Winter has arrived to Stockholm even if we haven't had much snow thank heavens. Our cats make a quick dash out onto the balcony and then quickly in again. Just like me, they prefer the cosy warmth under a blanket.

The Scrap Around The World January mid-month reveal has gone live, and as I am in the second group, my take on the moodboard was in it.

Here is first the moodboard and then close-ups of my page "Waiting";





I used a base of both white Bazzill cardstock and 
thick cream coloured handmade water colour 
paper before adding papers from Polish 
UHK Gallery. It's really fabulous as it's resist.

Mists, gesso, Shimmerz TextureZ, pearls.

All the flowers on my page are stash-raided, 
mainly Prima but there
are a couple of Maya Road lace ones too.

Silver microbeads and Melissa Frances Mica flakes
for added wintery shimmer.



Beach huts waiting for summer.




PRODUCT LIST

Papers
UHK Gallery "Winter is Coming"
Basic Grey "Mint Julep"
Fussy-cut blue blooms from KaiserCraft "Forget Me Not"

Mediums
Mists:  Tattered Angels Glacier + Frost + Atlantic and 
Chalkboard in Chalk, 
Studio Calico "Mr Huey's Opaque White"
Shimmerz TextureZ in "Tidy Widy" and Crushed Coral"
Shimmerz DazzelerZ in "Spun Sugar"
 
Stash
Gesso, Mica flakes, pearl, micro beads, Prima metal trinket, 
white Prima Mulberry and fabric flowers, Maya Road lace blooms,
Prima canvas alphas, Memory Box dies

***

I will be back on Tuesday, 21 Jan. See you then if you want to!

... I have a secret, I have a secret ...

Toodelipip! xoxox Eila

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Eila... Loving the texture and the color... its so darn beautiful! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så otroligt snyggt Eila! Älskar de små pärlorna! Vilken otroligt läckert bakgrundsarbete! Har varit lite off både här och där sista tiden ;) Försöker komma ikapp och hälsa på hos favvis scrapparna! STOR kram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, I love the colors and that die above your photo is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly amazing...I keep looking at all the close ups & oooohhíng & ahhhhíng, and then thinking, wow, how does she get her layers like that....or her textures like that, and the patience for putting on all those tiny beads!!!! Brilliant work, Eila. I would so love to see how you put your layouts together one day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yip I am with Linda here...so many layers, so many textures it's bewildering...such an exquisite layout...a winter wonderland with summer trying to break through with that gorgeous photo. Sigh..you are just such an inspiration Eila ... Love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore every single page you made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page Eila, love all the texture, details and the super photo! Just fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Art is beyond compare Eila....the attention to detail is superb and it's only because you spoil us with all the angled close ups, do we get a sense of the many layers and textures....it's all been said and I agree...exquisite :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to know your secret!! Come on!!! When do we get to hear!!!! (Oh hang on I've just remembered something - I think I may know what it it hey?!?) But when will it not be a secret anymore?!? Soon I hope!! Well this page is soooooo amazing Eila. Soooo wintery yet so beautifully interpreted from the board. You are fantastically creative!! Well here it is just after 2am and my hair is still wet from swimming in the pool!! I took a quick swim with hubs before bed :) now he is snoring away while I'm doing a spot of visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour and texture in this lo simply magnificent ...xo

    ReplyDelete