Monday 1 December 2014

White Christmas - Day 1

Light, light, let there be light! and light there is! The stars twinkle and shine up there and my home is warm. My heart is full of love to all of you who came to stand next to me. As a very wise friend said to me recently; creating is a gift given to us. It gives fuel to the soul, oxygen to the heart and warms up every little frozen corner of my inner self so here I am again.

Welcome December!

It's 1 December and normally the world outside my window is painted thick in white snow, but not this year. It is dark when and I wake up and dark when I go to bed, so we have beautiful tea lights everywhere in our house to keep up the spirit.

I made a series of white-on-white and cream-on-white Christmas cards for what was to have been a blog post over at SCRaP 365 but as it was closed-down, none of it came about. So I thought I'd share them here on my own blog, one a day for the next 10 days or so. 

I have created about 75 in total of these Christmas cards and sold them at a charity event. Feels good to have contributed to a good cause while doing something I love. 

So here comes the first card;







Papers used are from the Authentique Faith collection and American Crafts white glitter cardstock. Burlap, cream velvet trim, cream lace trims, white felt, pompom, seam binding, rafia, a Tim Holtz Fanciful Acoutrement button and a white Prima vine.

Thank you for taking a peek and welcome back tomorrow if you have the time!

xoxo Eila



9 comments:

  1. Oh, this card looks truly gorgeous! The cluster of white embellishments is so pretty and the beautiful crystal embellishment just finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Eila!!
    So sad to hear about Scrap365, one of many now closing "office"
    Sending a lots of hugs and thank you for your sweet comments on my blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eila this is beautiful. I'm so happy to see you blogging and am looking forward to seeing the rest of your gorgeous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to hear about Scrap365 Eila, but seeing your gorgeous creativity provides solace and inspiration. The cream and white theme is gorgeous and I love the jewel in the centre. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, that previous comment was me, but I forgot to change over to 'Bente' mode......Agree with the others of course about it being sad loosing Scrap :-( Not many 'good' magazines left unfortunately. I am delighted ,however , to know that you will be sharing some of your beautiful inspiration here on the blog. This card is so pretty. I really love the look of white on white <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Eila! Love all the neutral colours on your cards! We are also starting to get festive in our home and I helped my son put up the Christmas tree last night! It is getting very hot now and summer has arrived, so that is certainly something to be festive about! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad that Scrap365 is not around any more. Loved the mag and the blog and the challenges...
    This card is lovely. I am loving the colours you have used for them all... So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Sure these were all snapped up in an instant!!

    ReplyDelete